Inspired by fried rice, this QUINOA recipe adds protein and fiber to your meal. Rice is a common starch for those on a Gluten Free diet, but one has to be careful not to eat too much of one item in order to fuel their body with a variety of nutrients. This recipe is a “quick fix” if the quinoa is made ahead of time. If not, add about 20 minutes for the quinoa cooking process.
Enjoy this Gluten Free meal as a savory breakfast. If you wish to serve this for lunch or dinner, include a Gluten Free roll or crackers and a cup of mint or ginger tea. Enjoy this YogaLean meal as part of your healthy lifestyle. Additional Gluten Free recipes can be found at HealthyRecipeVariations.
1 Cup of cooked quinoa per person being served (follow package directions for cooking quinoa)
1 Cup of diced vegetables per person being served
1 TBSP Unsalted butter
1 Cup Low Salt Vegetable Broth
2 Eggs per person being served
- Rinse and dice the vegetables you wish to use. I used yellow pepper and beet green leaves in this recipe.
- Add the vegetables to a pan with the butter and vegetable broth.
- While the vegetables are cooking, scramble the eggs in another pan. If necessary, add butter to the pan so the eggs do not stick (you know your cooking equipment).
- When the liquid is almost absorbed in the vegetable pan, add 1 cup of cooked quinoa per person. Stir until liquid is absorbed.
- Add the eggs and stir to combine.
Serve in a bowl as is or sprinkle with sesame seeds for additional texture.
Add crushed red pepper if you wish some heat.